Join the team at Ignition Custom Engineering!
WHY THIS IS THE BEST ‘JOB’ YOU’LL EVER HAVE
- Work hands-on with exciting innovations and prototypes
- Access to Range Days and Trade Events
- Work alongside Australia’s most experienced precision rifle experts and innovators
- Sought after position in exclusive company/industry
- Make a difference in the Australian sports shooting community
- Flexible working hours
- Tight knit team with a cheeky sense of humor
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
This CNC Operator/Programmer helps us transform dreams into reality to improve the experiences of the Australian firearms community.
Starting ASAP, you will work every step in CNC production from modeling to machining the finished product, under leadership of the Workshop Manager.
Your skills in CNC modeling, programming and production are key to increasing production output and capability as our business grows to meet demand.
Modeling in Fusion 360 from measurements, design cues and drawings and updating existing models.
You get a kick out of making things efficient and working in a busy workshop. You’ll be operating multiple CNCs, ensuring best production efficiency while maintaining premium quality finish.
We’re hiring you for your skill and ability to work independently. You will be part of a small tight-knit team, with your own tasks and responsibilities to complete. We expect good time management and organisational skills, attention to detail and communication skills.
This is a walk-in role, and we have big plans for you, so we need you to be ready.
This role offers permanency for the right candidate and opportunity to grow within an expanding company.
Your pay will reflect your ability and performance.
Pick your hours and days by negotiation (most of our team works Tues to Fri).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide expert advice on best machining practices
- Strive for efficiency in production and quality
- Update/modify and new modeling using Fusion 360
- Programming HAAS CNC Mill & Lathes for maximum efficiency and quality
- Safe & Efficient operation of equipment including CNC machinery
- Preparing materials and post-finishing parts
- Maintaining accurate records and Quality Control systems
- Equipment maintenance and clean workspaces
- Safe handling of firearms and related components
- Adhering to Stringent Security procedures
- Assisting team to increase production output
CAPABILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience programming/operating CNC Mills and Lathes
- CAD Modeling skills (Fusion 360 preferred)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Firearms License (or willingness to get one)
- National Police Clearance
- Computer literacy
- Self-motivated with good time-management and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Own your work (and mistakes) with a solutions-focus
- Able to think-outside-the-box and to troubleshoot
- Contribute to the Innovation process
- Team focused: work to the best of your ability to support the bigger team
- Follow work instructions and production schedules to complete work tasks independently
- Maintain company policies and standards
- Production environment experience
- Experience operating HAAS / FANAC
- Manual machining experience
- Fitting experience
- Handling / use of firearms
- Australian citizenship
- Trade qualified CNC Machinist
- Firearms License (or able/willing to get one)
- Proven experience in CNC programming and operation (mill & lathe)
- CAD design skills
- Motivated to support team in increasing output and creating innovative new solutions
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Self motivated and organization/personal management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Ignition Custom Engineering are Australia’s leading precision rifle experts.
We champion firearms innovation through manufacture and gunsmithing, to improve experiences for Firearms owners Australia wide.
Our production team makes parts and components – from custom-one-off prototypes to production runs – for wholesale and retail firearms consumers.
The Ignition Custom Engineering team are passionate about making great products that make a difference, and having some fun along the way.
Everyday we bring our best to everything we do. Our team is solution oriented, to find and deliver the best experiences.
We own our work, responsibilities and our mistakes.
We lead innovation: dream it, do it!
We believe expertise comes from constantly learning.
Ignition Custom Engineering’s specialist workshop is located in Pooraka, South Australia.
Role Title: CNC Programmer / Operator
Employment Type: Full Time Casual (view for permanency for right candidate)
Salary: $30-$40+ per hour, based on ability and experience
Location: Pooraka SA
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before 22/6/22:
You application must include:
1. Cover letter (tell us why you’re attracted to this opportunity & why you’re the best fit)
2. CV outlining your relevant experience, qualifications & references
Applications will be reviewed immediately and short-listed candidates will be contacted for next steps.
We encourage interstate people to apply if they’re willing to relocate.
Questions? Please contact Nik on 0402 219 831 or email@example.com